Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Want For Leaving

I dream of open spaces.
Montana, Texas, places where the sweat sticks to my neck.
I dream of history too
Places soaked with the blood of Romes, Celts and my own family.
I dream of holding hands
With the statues of the holy fountains in Rome.
I dream of flying the plane
That will take me to my destiny off the coast of Japan.
I dream of fog thick cities.
Cloaked in the darkness of a torrid after life.
I dream of the soaking wet rain forests
Vietnam, Washington, and Vancouver slick like rain coats.
I dream of ice cream colored homes
They line the streets made of cobblestone and water.
I want to go.
I want to get out.
I can't hold my spirit in any more.
I feel so muffled here.
This city made of steel and money that's fading into the lake.
The lakes and rivers used to bring us things.
Now it catches on fire.
Brings us fish dead on the sand dunes.
For now I will dream.
I will dream of getting out of this rust belt city.
My future is waiting a head of me.
Stretched out to the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment